Lynchpin Beer Company’s
Battle of the Brews – Summer ’17
Thursday, August 17, 2017 in The Biergarten
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
For nine years Lynchpin Beer Company’s Head Brewer Scott Hayes worked The Laundry line by day and homebrewed by night. As a homebrewer, Scott appreciated opportunities to get his beers into the hands of other craft beer lovers. Battle of the Brews was inspired by Scott’s homebrewing roots and his interest in giving other homebrewers the chance to have their creative brews tasted and appraised.
During Battle of the Brews – Summer ’17, local home brews will be sampled and judged by event ticket holders and Lynchpin representatives. The winner will receive a terrific prize pack and have the option to have their recipe brewed on Lynchpin Beer Company’s single barrel brewing system by Head Brewer Scott Hayes. A barrel of the finished product will be featured on draft at The Laundry.
While we can no longer accept applications for Battle of the Brews, we hope you’ll consider attending on August 17. Those accepted for participation in our August 17 event will be notified via e-mail by June 19.
If your application for Battle of the Brews is accepted, please take note of some fine print:
- Participants must 21 years or older
- You may submit as many entries as you wish
- All submissions (ingredients and processes) must be exempt from formula requirements according to TTB regulation 27 CFR 25.55. Visit http://ttb.gov/beer/exempt-ingre.shtml for full details
- If selected to participate in Battle of the Brews, you must be able to supply 5 gallons of your homebrew to be sampled and judged on August 17, 2017
- Please, no submissions of lagers or sour beers
Ticket sales for Battle of the Brews – Summer ’17 will open online in July at thelaundrygoods.com.